Saint Thomas Medical Group
We’re here. And we’re ready to help.
Through extraordinary events, natural disasters and now unprecedented health concerns,
Saint Thomas Medical Group stands by your side.
DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR HEALTH!
WE ARE OPEN AND READY TO SERVE OUR PATIENTS.
We encourage YOU to wear a Face Mask to be seen in our offices if sick.
Our Telehealth is easy to use and works with your existing smartphone, tablet or computer.
Simply call our offices at Saint Thomas Medical Group to schedule your time.
Communicate with your physicians
- Do not delay the necessary medical care over the fear of COVID-19. Delay may cause a mild health condition to become a severe illness and may result in worsened long-term health consequences.
- Many physicians offer telehealth visits, and patients of all ages love them! Check with your doctor to see if telehealth visits are available.
- Communicate with your doctor or nurse by phone or even email.
- Talk to your primary care doctor about any upcoming tests or procedures.
- If you must visit the doctor in-person, call first to understand their new policies.
- If you think you are sick, before you go to ER call the office first, and follow their guidance.
Take your medications
- Continue to take your medications as prescribed. Do not put yourself at risk by reducing or skipping doses. Call your primary care physician if you have any questions about your medications or side effects.
- Ask your doctor and pharmacist for a larger supply of your medicines. 90-day mail-order supplies are commonly available and convenient. Call your health plan to enroll in these services.
- Limit in-person visits to the pharmacy. Pick up all your prescriptions at once.
- Call prescription orders in ahead of time. Use drive-thru windows, curbside services, mail-order, or other delivery services.
Make a Commitment to Wellness
Primary care physicians are committed to ensuring patients get the very best of care and don’t miss any critical visits during this time of social distancing. Many practices have arranged to conduct a wellness visit virtually to limit the potential for exposure and would like to connect with patients in the comfort and safety of their homes. Below is a list of items that could be addressed as part of a virtual visit.
- Review and update of medical and family history
- Reconciliation of medications
- Review of specialists and providers providing care
- Measurement of height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, other medically necessary routine measurements as we are able
- Review of preventative screenings
- Review of risk factors for depression
- Review of treatment options which may improve health and quality of life
- Review of functional ability and the activities of daily living
- Recommendation of health education or specific disease management programs
Services Which Are Available Virtually
- Discussing any new symptoms that may be emerging
- Reviewing or renewing regular medications
- Examining any changes in chronic conditions
- Reviewing any risk factors for depression
- Discussing and addressing lifestyle changes in diet or exercise that could affect health
- Reviewing treatment options available remotely which may improve health and quality of life
- Reviewing functional ability and basic tasks of daily living
- Recommending health education or specific disease management programs
We highly recommend a yearly flu shot. The best way to prevent infection is to wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, use alcohol based sanitizer if soap and water are not available, cough into your elbow, avoid touching your face (eyes/nose/mouth), clean your mobile devices often, limit social interactions, stay home if you are sick and stay away from people who are sick.
Please let us know if we can help.
Make an Appointment
Book an appointment with your doctor online or by giving us a call today. New patient? No problem. We’ll get you set up.
HealthCare Support Portal facilitates better communication with your physician’s office by providing convenient 24 x 7 access.
Pay Bill Online
We try to make paying your bills as easy and secure as possible. All you need is your card and invoice number. We’ll do the rest.